Sat-nav Postcode: WS15 1ND (This is not a precise location but it will get you to the right road).
- From the A460 turn onto Stile Cop Road following the sign to the Cemetery.
- Pass the Cemetery on the left and head up the road.
- As you reach the top of the hill there is a layby to the right which accesses a fire road, this fire road leads to the trails.
- To park carry on up the road and look for the gravel car park on the left.
- Park here and ride back down to the fire road.
Search for “Stile Cop Car Park” and “Stile Cop Bike Park” on Google Maps for exact locations.
Please do not block the barrier in the first layby.
Please note that Stile Cop has no facilities on site. There’s a map and signage but no toilets or anything like that.
- Chetwynd Arms: 57 Upper Way, Rugeley WS15 1QB
- The Horns Inn: 61 Slitting Mill Rd, Rugeley WS15 2UW
Nearest Bike Shops (both with bike wash facilities):
- Cannock Chase Cycle Centre: Birches Valley, Rugeley, WS15 2UQ
- Run & Ride: Walkers Rise, Hednesford, WS12 0QU
- Co-operative Rugeley: 1-3 Peartree Centre, Queensway, Rugeley WS15 1NN
There is a good mobile signal at the top of the hill but limited signal further down and at the bottom.
In case of an emergency call 999. If possible, please also inform the Forestry Commission and/or Cannock Chase Cycle Centre – the access gates are usually locked, FC have a key.
Forestry Commission: 0300 067 4340
Cannock Chase Cycle Centre: 01889 575170
Top of the hill:
- Nearest location – Stile Cop Road, WS15 1QN
- OS Grid Reference: SK 035 151
Bottom of the hill:
- Nearest location – A460 (opposite Slitting Mill Road), WS15 2UY
- OS Grid Reference: SK 031 152
Nearest A&E Hospital facilities:
- Stafford Hospital, Weston Road, Stafford, ST16 3SA